Following are links to recent neonatal news reports:
· WSAZ Huntington, W. Va.
Hospitals and treatment centers are overwhelmed as the medical, social and legal challenges regarding addicted moms and newborns spark problems and progress: http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/WSAZ_INVESTIGATES_Drug_Addicted_Pregnant_Women_Reach_Crisis_Stage_133996608.html
· USA Today reports in florida, the number of babies with withdrawl syndrome is up 26% from 2006. http://yourlife.usatoday.com/
· Babies born at a very low birth weight are more likely to have memory and attention problems when they become adults than babies born at a low to normal weight, according to a study published in the December 6, 2011, print issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology http://www.newswise.com/
gy • Maternal exposure to oxycodone during breastfeeding was associated with a 20.1% rate of infant CNS depression…http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(11)00678-0/abstract?elsca1=etoc&elsca2=email&elsca3=0022-3476_201201_160_1&elsca4=pediatrics
- Fentanyl Laced Drugs
- ToxTime: Newborn Alcohol Biomarkers
- Second Quarter Newsletter
- USDTL is a proud member of WBENC!
- ToxTime: Drug Trends & Concerns Regarding NAS
- ToxTime: Hair and Nail Testing – What’s the Difference?
- ToxTime: Environmental Exposure Drug Testing 101 (ChildGuard®)
- Coffee Tox: Missed Opportunities