Lab Supervisor Screening
- Date Posted: 09-Jun-2021
- Department: Screening
- Position Status: Full Time
- Shift: Second
- Days Worked: Monday - Friday
- Exempt Status: Yes
USDTL seeks a scientific professional with exceptional, leadership, organization, communication and collaborative skills.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to satisfy the following:
- Create and lead an environment that embodies laboratory technician learning and understanding.
- Perform high quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively and professionally as part of a team on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts closely with other colleagues in different laboratory areas and shifts.
- Responsible for overseeing the testing activities in the screening laboratory area -the tests are analyses of drugs of abuse in a variety of biological matrices.
- Day-to-day supervision of test performance by testing personnel, monitoring quality management/assurance/control indicators to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Ensures technicians are following established policies and procedures. And report to Laboratory Director/Manager whenever test systems/personnel deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Responsible for training/mentoring lab technicians (evaluating, and documenting the competency for testing personnel). With addition to providing constructive criticism.
- Reviewing equipment maintenance logs and assuring that all remedial actions are taken.
- Initiating troubleshooting when issues necessitate within their department and communicate with other areas when needed.
- Develop new methods.
- Leader of safety – communicate and engage laboratory technicians in safety awareness and behavior.
- MA/MS from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences; and subsequent to graduation has had at least four years of pertinent clinical or forensic lab experience, of which no less than two years have been spent working in a forensic toxicology laboratory; OR
- BA/BS from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences and at least six years of pertinent clinical or forensic lab experience; AND
- Two years of hands-on lab experience including any of the following: extraction techniques for biological matrices, automated immunoassay analyzers, ELISA, or instrumental experience in gas/liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
Special Position Requirements:
Lab positions generally involve handling of biohazard materials and hazardous substances. Job is full-time and scheduled hours are generally Monday – Friday, 4 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., but flexibility is required.
- Two-year work experience in a forensic toxicology laboratory
At times, depending on the needs of the company and department, it may be necessary to work on weekends.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please submit your resume and an email or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
USDTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.